The city of Santa Monica has grown significantly in the past decade and continues to rapidly expand towards 100,000 residents. Jobs and tourism have grown within just a few square miles. Santa Monica is known for its beaches, shopping strips, and roller coaster, but is no stranger to automobile and other accidents that cause significant injuries.
If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney in Santa Monica, Jacob Emrani is the law firm that can provide the legal support to get you compensated after an accident.
Santa Monica Accident Statistics
The Santa Monica Police Department reported 285 fatalities and severe injuries between 2006 and 2016. About 100 injury-causing collisions occurred each year between 2001 and 2012. An overwhelming percentage of injuries/fatalities have involved pedestrians and bicyclists.
In Santa Monica, Ocean Park Boulevard, Main Street, Santa Monica Boulevard, and the Pacific Coast Highway are all areas of concern. The problem has been taken so seriously the Santa Monica City Council adopted a Pedestrian Action Plan in 2016. This plan examines the risks and identifies strategies to improve pedestrian safety.
Pedestrians are still at risk. In April 2017, a woman was fatally injured crossing Santa Monica Boulevard during a run. The driver cooperated with police with no evidence of impairment. That year, five pedestrians were killed by vehicles in one month. A cause isn’t always immediately clear in some accidents, which is why you need a Santa Monica car accident lawyer on your side.
Common Accident Cases
If an accident is caused by someone else’s negligence, and you or a loved one was injured, finding a personal injury lawyer in Santa Monica should be your top priority. We represent clients in accident cases such as:
- Bicycle Accidents – Even in designated bike lanes, bicyclists are at risk of injury caused by negligent drivers. Injuries are often severe, and bicycle riders have a right to a full and fair compensation.
- Bus Accidents – Buses are large and heavy; accidents often cause severe injuries to passengers, pedestrians, and occupants of other vehicles. Our Santa Monica bus accident attorneys are prepared to take on the aggressive insurers of bus companies.
- Car Accidents – Was a driver speeding, texting, or did they fail to signal or yield the right of way? Collect as many details as possible after the accident and we’ll handle the rest, from proving negligence to getting you compensation.
- Defective Products – Liability claims often arise out of injuries caused by toys, furniture, hand tools, lawn/garden equipment, appliances, and automobiles. Our Santa Monica injury attorney can establish whether a product manufacturer should have prevented the product from entering the marketplace.
- Dog Bites/Animal Attacks – Dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, and non-domesticated animals attack humans and we hold owners accountable for resulting injuries, provided the injured party wasn’t trespassing.
- Medical Malpractice – Birth injuries, defective medical devices, elder abuse, prescription drug injuries, and wrongful death claims can result in significant recoveries. We represent you to ensure fair compensation and to hold negligent business/individuals accountable.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Severe injuries often result from motorists changing lanes, making careless left turns, and dangerous motorcycle and road defects. Our personal injury lawyer in Santa Monica will work to obtain the compensation you need temporarily or permanently if unemployed due to your injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Most are vehicle related, but many pedestrians are injured in slip and fall accidents. We’ll represent you in court and help you get compensated for medical expenses, reduction in earnings, and pain and suffering.
- Slip & Fall Accidents – On-premise accidents can happen in parking lots, supermarkets, restaurants, shopping malls, or inside buildings. If we can prove a business owner failed to maintain a duty of care, we can file a claim against them.
- Rideshare Accidents (Uber/Lyft/Taxi) – A negligent driver, collision that’s not the driver’s fault, or impact with a pedestrian/bicyclist are some possibilities. Depending on who is at fault, the driver’s auto or company’s insurance policy might cover your claims.
- Truck Accidents – Most cause more significant injuries and damage than car accidents, as trucks are large and powerful. Our Santa Monica car accident attorney can recover compensation as a result of a rollover accident, unsafe lane change, or jackknife accident. The truck driver, owner of its freight or containers, and other parties may be held liable, depending on the cause.
- Workers’ Compensation – Employees injured on the job can recover financial losses per federal and state laws, but our personal injury lawyer can ensure you receive fair treatment throughout the process and remain on solid ground financially following an injury.
Call the Law Offices of Jacob Emrani
An award-winning injury lawyer in Santa Monica, Jacob Emrani has helped many clients get the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been severely injured in an accident, or worse, there are many reasons to call us, including:
- 20 years of experience – Our Santa Monica personal injury attorneys have a great deal of knowledge and skill in dealing with many types of cases.
- Many successful million dollar verdicts – Our successes include a $6 million auto accident settlements, $1.5 million for a pedestrian accident, and $1 million for a personal injury claim.
- Work on contingency fee basis – We charge a fee only if your case wins or is settled out of court in your favor, as a fair percentage of your overall recovery.
- Can meet with you personally at home – Is it difficult or impossible to travel? No worries; our Santa Monica personal injury lawyers will travel to you.
- Highly rated – Severely injured clients with medical bills and other expenses have depended on The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani to help win their cases, receive fair settlements, and focus on their recovery.
- We negotiate with your insurance company – We know all the laws that apply to your case and work with insurers to avoid unfair decisions and settlements.
- Act before a statute of limitations ends – Filing your claim too late can mean losing out on financial compensation; rather, our Santa Monica injury attorney acts promptly and efficiently.
If you require a pedestrian, slip and fall, or auto accident attorney in Santa Monica, The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani provides the representation to help get you fair compensation from insurance companies. Call 888-952-2952 today to see if your case can be approved. Our Los Angeles based personal injury attorney or case manager will travel to your location, and all forms can be signed online. You don’t even have to travel to be present at proceedings. For a free consultation, contact us now.