The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani represents clients with all types of personal injury cases. Have you, a loved one, or someone you know been injured while using a ride sharing service in Los Angeles, such as Uber or Lyft? If an accident involving that vehicle or its driver caused your injuries, you may be able to take legal action against the driver or company, and be entitled to substantial compensation. Our Los Angeles rideshare accident attorney can ensure whoever is at fault is held accountable.
If a driver or their company is found negligent or otherwise responsible for your injuries, whether you are a passenger or pedestrian, you can be entitled to compensation for:
- Emergency medical costs
- Hospital bills
- Expenses for physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Fees for doctor visits
- Lost wages
Read more about how we can help with your Uber Accident or Lyft Accident.
Rideshare companies are not lenient towards reckless drivers. Uber and Lyft drivers with more than three citations or at-fault accidents within five years are terminated. Even just one serious safety violation, such as speeding in a school zone or a DUI, can get a driver fired. These companies are highly selective in choosing drivers with acceptable safety records. They also are very stringent on the citations and accidents drivers are permitted to have and still be on the job.
There were over 55,000 traffic accidents in 2016, reflecting a significant increase in the past several years. Between 2015 and 2016, there was a 422% increase in traffic-related pedestrian deaths. Uber and Lyft drivers have been responsible for several fatalities. By August 2017, Uber had employed 147,000 drivers in California, although the exact number involved in accidents is unknown. Here are some examples of serious accidents caused by rideshare drivers in Los Angeles:
- February 7, 2018 – According to NBC Los Angeles, a Lyft passenger was killed in a hit-and-run following an alleged altercation with the driver, who admitted to making the man exit the car on the side of a freeway, where he was struck by another vehicle.
- September 8, 2018 – A CBS Los Angeles report said two people were killed on the 210 Freeway, after their Uber vehicle was struck by a driver going the wrong way. The rideshare driver was heading in the correct direction on the freeway.
- March 30, 2018 – A 19-year-old woman from Belgium was killed in Goleta, near Santa Barbara, while riding in an Uber vehicle (based on a Santa Barbara Independent report). The foreign exchange student was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the two-car collision.
- June 2018 – A 23-year-old woman was killed when a Lyft car she was riding in collided with another vehicle in Chicago’s Logan Square (WGN9). The driver was charged with driving under the influence, as was another motorist. Another passenger was injured in the crash. The incident proves that rideshare accidents can and do occur anywhere.
Uber, Lyft & Taxi Accident FAQS
Injured in a Rideshare Accident in Los Angeles? Call The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani
If you need a Los Angeles Lyft accident injury attorney, or you or a loved one has been hurt in an Uber crash, we can focus on holding negligent parties accountable and fighting insurance companies to get you maximum compensation. You can depend on us because of:
- High ratings – The reviews, testimonials, and recommendations are evidence of our experience, diligence, and caring for all our clients and ability to get them full compensation after life-changing accidents and injuries.
- 20+ years of experience – Knowledge and experience has put us at #1 for taking on personal injury cases. We know the law and the actions taken by personal and commercial insurance companies that will do anything to limit financial payouts.
- Successful million-dollar verdicts – You may be entitled to more than you think; we’ve won cases involving compensation as high as $6 million for auto accident victims, $2 million for those in truck accidents, and substantial payouts for those in motorcycle, slip and fall, bus, and medical malpractice accidents.
- Work on a contingency fee basis – Clients don’t owe us anything unless we win their case. You don’t carry any financial burden with our Los Angeles personal injury attorney while your case is ongoing, so legal action can be taken regardless of your financial situation.
- Our ability to meet in your home – Your mobility options may be limited due to injuries sustained in an accident. There’s no need to travel to our office, as our lawyers are open to meeting at your home or location of your choice.
- Our ability to negotiate with insurance companies – We know all the tricks in the book insurers use to reduce compensation, and have solid negotiation skills. You never have to settle for a low-ball offer and walk away—we keep fighting for you until you get the compensation you deserve.
- Our ability to act before statute of limitations end – Depending on the accident and your circumstances, you may have a limited time to file a claim. Our ridesharing accident attorney is fast and efficient; call us as soon as possible and we’ll get your claim started before any statute ends.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a ridesharing vehicle, we can help you get compensation. Not only is our ride sharing accident attorney knowledgeable in California law, but also highly skilled at working with the insurance companies of Uber, Lyft, and individual drivers. They can quickly determine who or what was at fault, so you receive higher compensation than what any insurance company would otherwise offer you.
Call us today at 888-952-2952 to discuss your situation and schedule a free case consultation.