There are many hazards on the road that can make enjoying a motorcycle ride extremely dangerous. In California, the aggressive drivers, congested roads, road construction and other conditions such as potholes all may contribute to a more challenging motorcycle ride through the streets of LA and Southern California. In 2014 in fact, fatalities stemming from motorcycle accidents rose relative to the year previous from 54 to 60 per 100,000 motorcycle registrations.
Motorcycle accidents, unfortunately, often cause particular types of substantial injuries that our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers are trained to study, evaluate, and find the best treatment for. If you were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles, it is essential that you contact Law Offices Of Jacob Emrani right away so that you can preserve your rights to recover financial damages. Our firm is highly-trained in how to recover maximum compensation for the injured, and we have been widely-recognized for our victories in this effort.
The peculiar dynamics of being struck or thrown from a motorcycle can cause:
- Crush injuries to the legs, hips or hands
- Spinal injuries
- Brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Road rash
- Head trauma
Motorcycle accidents often involve serious injuries, and riders often face a hopeless battle against the insurance companies. You need a Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer who will pursue maximum compensation for you or your loved one’s suffering. Driver negligence or road rage often places motorcyclists at risk of road rash, broken bones, head injuries, or even death. We’ll help you navigate through all the legal barriers and won’t advise you to accept a settlement unless we deem that it is your best option.
Why Contact A Motorcycle Attorney?
Most motorcycle accident cases fall under a statute of limitations, meaning you have a limited window in which to file a legal claim. In addition, unethical insurance companies may try to shift the blame on you or your loved one, claiming that you were reckless despite what really happened. The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani will place a dedicated motorcycle accident attorney in Los Angeles on your side who will conduct a thorough investigation of your claim, and represent you in court with strong evidence and knowledge of the legal process.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Contrary to popular belief, most motorcycle accidents occur not due to motorcycle negligence, but due to the error on the part of other vehicles.
- Careless lane changing and left-hand turns pose a great risk to motorcyclists, especially at high speeds. Intersections are a much more serious cause for concern for motorcyclists than the average passenger car driver. Every intersection presents the chance of a driver making a left turn, cutting through the motorcyclist’s path. If you are a motorcyclist who was seriously injured in such an accident, you need to take the first step in recovering needed financial compensation by calling our firm and retaining a dedicated Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney.
- Motorcycle accidents can also stem from motorists who are unaware of the practice of motorcyclists in California to take part in what is known as lane splitting, by which a motorcyclist can use the same lane as other automobiles. This can confuse drivers, causing them to react dangerously.
- Drivers are often slow to notice motorcyclists approaching from behind or the opposite direction, and distractions within the vehicle compound the risk of an accident.
- Defective motorcycle parts also pose a hazard, possibly causing engine failure, blowouts, stalling, and other problems that can lead to disaster.
- Other risk factors include potholes, debris, limited visibility, slick road conditions, and precipitation.
Premise Liability vs. Governmental Entity
In the event that hazardous conditions caused your accident, your case may either involve premise liability or governmental entity.
- Premise liability applies to dangers on privately owned property.
- Governmental entity applies to dangers on public property such as city streets, airports, municipal transportation, etc.
- Rare cases may involve both types of cases.
Regardless of the category, both private property owners and the city are responsible for creating safe conditions on their respective properties. Our team of Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorneys can help you collect damages resulting from hazards on private or public property.
Post Motorcycle Accident Checklist
Taking the proper actions after a motorcycle accident can help you and your motorcycle attorneys to win your claim. You should absolutely:
- Collect evidence. Take photos of the accident. Get names, and insurance information from the other drivers, and contact information from witnesses.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Contact an experienced Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Seek medical care.
In addition, you should not:
- Panic or act recklessly.
- Make any public statements that may invalidate your claim. Your words may be used against you by the insurance companies or other drivers involved.
- Leave the scene unless you are in urgent need of medical care.
Serving all of California, the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani can help you navigate your personal injury case. If requested, we will gladly visit you at your home to discuss your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.
We Specialize in Motorcycle Accidents in Los Angeles, CA!
If you were involved in a motorcycle crash it is very important that you contact the Law Offices of Jacob Emrani. Our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers can fight to help you settle your motorcycle personal injury lawsuit and recover what you deserve. Getting in a motorcycle accident can be a life-changing ordeal. Our motorcycle injury lawyers are ready to help you in making an already painful situation that much easier, getting the necessary medical care and compensation you deserve. We have a thorough understanding of your legal rights and can help you with every step of your claim until you obtain the financial damages you need to move forward with your life.
Let a Highly-Trained Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles Bring You Justice
We can promise you that we will do everything we can to settle your personal injury suit as quickly as possible. Motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable every time they hit the road. While being among the safest drivers out there, motorcyclists frequently find themselves at the mercy of negligent drivers who abruptly change lanes, pull out in front of them, or otherwise simply don’t respect a motorcyclist’s right to be on the road. Unfortunately, so long as biker’s fail to be noticed by other drivers, motorcycle wrecks will likely continue causing the most grievous and heart-breaking consequences for their victims, including the families.
Call The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani to discuss your case with our firm during a no-cost consultation!