Lyft Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
Trusted Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Lyft established a transportation network in 2012. Based in San Francisco, it is now one of the most popular rideshare companies. Much like Uber, it transports passengers on short trips in more than 200 U.S. cities. The service is generally safe, compared to other forms of transport, but our Los Angeles ridesharing accident attorney can help navigate the complex process of being compensated if you’ve been injured in an accident.
The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani is here if you need a Los Angeles Lyft accident attorney, who understands how the ridesharing service and its insurance policy operates.
- Requirements for drivers: Lyft drivers must adhere to several legal requirements. They must be at least 21 years of age, and undergo DMV, national, and county background checks. Those convicted of certain crimes are banned. Drivers must own their own vehicle, which must pass a 19-point inspection for approval. But before the approval process starts, a driver must have an iPhone or Android phone.
- Passengers: A passenger is picked up once they find a nearby driver on their phone app and request a ride. There are four options, including Lyft Line that matches riders with other riders, so the cost of the ride can be split. It is available only in select cities. The basic Lyft service accommodates up to four passengers, while Lyft Plus seats up to six; both are available nationwide. Lyft Premier offers riders a luxury vehicle in select cities.
Lyft Accident Statistics
No official statistics say how many drivers and passengers have been in a Lyft car accident, or how many cases have been managed by a Lyft accident attorney. However, there is always the risk associated with distracted driving and the actions of other motorists. There have been reports of injuries and fatalities due to Lyft accidents in the Los Angeles area and other cities, including New York, Chicago, and Washington, D.C.
The company provides liability insurance for its drivers. However, they must already have collision and comprehensive coverage from their own personal auto insurance. There are strict rules on coverage as well. A passenger must be in the car, and the other driver must be at fault for a Lyft driver’s injuries to be covered.
Lyft’s insurance policies include:
- Contingent liability for when a driver is awaiting a ride request.
- Primary liability coverage for when a passenger is in the car.
- Contingent collision/comprehensive coverage, which covers the vehicle if these are on the driver’s personal policy.
- Uninsured/underinsured (UI/UIM) motorist coverage, for up to $1 million per accident.
With 25 years of experience, our Lyft accident attorney understands the laws and how to negotiate with insurance companies. Call 888-952-2952 to schedule a free consultation and our Los Angeles Lyft accident attorney will meet you at your home if necessary. If in a Lyft car accident, call us right away.
The best law firm for me
The best law firm for me. Very consistent and they always stayed on top of everything! They handled my case well and never forget to keep me in the know of things. They truly care for their client’s well-being and which is why I can recommend them to others.
I called to this law firm for legal advice
I called to this law firm for legal advice on my current situation about a car accident issue that left me injured. They were very responsive and answered all questions that I had in mind. Thanks to them, I am able to find the right firm to get a lawyer and now my mind is at peace. I really appreciate their professionalism and I will recommend them to friends..
This is definitely best law firm!
This is definitely best law firm! The lawyers here were all knowledgeable, professional and truly cares a lot about their clients. My brother got himself involved in an accident so we called to this firm. They were always on top of things and was with us every step of the way. Their passion to help their clients get what they deserve is what made me decide to give this company five stars!
Finally justified! Jacob fight for me and he really stood by me. He’s honest, smart, and approachable. We were in quite a jam for months and they got the best results possible. Without your help we would be sunk after the accident. I highly recommend Jacob without any reservation.
Jacob and his team have my back
Jacob and his team have my back. I was in an accident and the insurance company gave me the run around. So I called Jacob and he took over my case and got me the medical attention I needed. Plus my family was helped by the Doctors. Jacob and his team of lawyers took care of every detail. Got us into a new ride and helped out with the bills. It took a lot of will to fight the insurance company but the Law Office of Jacob Emrani took care of us. If you have any issues call them
Find Out How Much $$$ Your Case is Worth In Minutes!
Use Our Free Case Evaluator: