Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Orange County
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Call our Personal Injury Attorneys at The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani.
The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani can help if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident. To evaluate your case, our Orange County motorcycle accident lawyers can travel to your home or office, or all necessary forms can be filled out online. You may not need to meet your personal injury attorney during proceedings or visit our office.
California Motorcycle Laws
Under California state law, motorcyclists are required to fulfill a duty of care. California law requires riders to:
- Have a valid license
- Complete a training course
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have handlebars no more than six inches above shoulder height
- Have a functional exhaust system
- Use front and rear turn signals
- Provide a secure seat and footrests for passengers
- Provide helmets for minors and children
Don’t Fear Contacting a Personal Injury Attorney
People are often unsure how to find a lawyer or proceed with a claim. They’re often concerned about the cost of meeting with a motorcycle attorney in Orange County. Some even feel guilty when it comes to pursuing a personal injury claim. At the Law Offices of Jacob Emrani, we’re prepared to evaluate your case and are always on your side. Our team can gather the evidence needed to support your claim. Experienced with the legal process, these Orange County motorcycle accident lawyers provide solid representation in court, so insurance companies cannot blame you or a loved one for being reckless.
Statute of Limitations
A statute of limitations, or time limit, is in place for filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit in California. You have two years from the date the injuries to initiate a lawsuit. A two-year limit also applies to filing a wrongful death lawsuit. If you miss these dates, you won’t be able to file or appear in court.
Statutes of limitations can sometimes be modified by other laws. One instance is when a city, county, or state agency is the defendant. Filing lawsuits against a government department or agency requires the legal expertise of a motorcycle accident injury lawyer.
Causes of Typical Motorcycle Injuries
Research has found motorcyclists are 27 times more likely to die in an accident (per mile) compared to occupants of passenger cars. The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Changing lanes: A motorist does not see the motorcyclist in their blind spot before changing lanes or does not signal.
- Speeding: A speeding driver cannot see or react in time to an oncoming motorcyclist, increasing the risk of a collision.
- Lane splitting: Driving between two lanes is illegal in some states; nonetheless, it can be dangerous, especially for newer riders.
- Car doors: If a parked driver doesn’t look for oncoming traffic and opens their door, they can pose a risk for motorcyclists.
- DUI: If under the influence of alcohol and drugs at the time of an accident, a driver can face various civil and criminal penalties.
- Left turn accidents: Riders may be injured or killed if a driver misjudges distance or right of way.
Other causes a could include sudden stops, especially if a motorcyclist is following closely to a vehicle ahead. Potholes, crumbling pavement, and objects on the road can put motorcyclists at risk as well, as can defects in a motorcycle. In that case, the manufacturer of a defective part can be held liable if it contributed to a crash resulting in injuries or death.
Typical Motorcycle Injuries
Typical types of injuries seen among motorcycle accident victims in emergency rooms include:
- Broken bones: A broken leg is the most common injury. Wrist and arm fractures are common among motorcycle accident victims in emergency rooms, as are broken bones in the shoulder and pelvis.
- Road rash: Contact with the road and lack of protective clothing cause skin abrasion. The injury can range from redness to a broken skin surface, to exposure of tissue, fat, and other underlying layers.
- Head injuries: Contact between the head and pavement, or other vehicles, at high speeds can cause a traumatic brain injury, the leading cause of death and disability for motorcyclists who experience crashes.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer’s responsibility is to prove the responsible party is negligent. Negligence is based on one basic principle—people, in this case drivers, have a duty to not cause harm upon others. If another driver is careless and has not acted in a way to keep you safe, a breach of duty can hold them responsible for injuries or damage they cause.
What to Do and Not Do After Your Orange County Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident:
- Take photos of the scene/injuries
- Obtain contact info of drivers and witnesses
- Call your insurance company
- Seek proper medical care
Also call a motorcycle accident attorney in Orange County as soon as you can, to start exploring your legal options.
- Say how you feel/Apologize
- Leave the accident scene
- Tell your neighbors about the case
The less you say, the less likely an insurance company will try to reduce your claim. Even the best motorcycle accident lawyer may not be able to help then.
Compensation We Can Help You Recover
After a motorcycle accident, our Orange County personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Emotional trauma
- Mental health services
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of spousal relations
- Punitive damages
Evidence To Help Your Case
The most important pieces of evidence in a motorcycle injury lawsuit include:
- Police reports: Include photos, diagrams, weather conditions, and relevant contact information or if the other driver violated any laws.
- Photographs: Showing the motorcycle’s position, skid marks, other property damage, and your helmet to prove you’re serious about safety.
- Witnesses: Collect information from those at the scene, even if the police haven’t had a chance to.
- Medical records: Medical bills EMT notes from an ambulance, physicians’ notes, and imaging and other test results.
- Forensic evidence: Surveillance camera footage, road debris, and damage to vehicles, guardrails, and other road structures.
Why Hire A Orange County Personal Injury Attorney?
If you contact your attorney right away, they may gather evidence for you. A motorcycle accident attorney is your main defense against the other driver’s insurance company. The insurer may promise adequate compensation and that you don’t need a lawyer. Our motorcycle attorney in Orange County will not only conduct a thorough investigation, but also negotiate on your behalf.At The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani, we have recovered millions for motorcycle accident victims injured due to another drivers’ negligence. Serving all of California, we can fight the insurance companies so you receive the compensation you deserve. You don’t even have to travel; our Orange County personal injury attorneys can visit clients in their home or office to discuss the case. Send a message for a fast reply and to schedule a free case consultation.
The best law firm for me
The best law firm for me. Very consistent and they always stayed on top of everything! They handled my case well and never forget to keep me in the know of things. They truly care for their client’s well-being and which is why I can recommend them to others.
I called to this law firm for legal advice
I called to this law firm for legal advice on my current situation about a car accident issue that left me injured. They were very responsive and answered all questions that I had in mind. Thanks to them, I am able to find the right firm to get a lawyer and now my mind is at peace. I really appreciate their professionalism and I will recommend them to friends..
This is definitely best law firm!
This is definitely best law firm! The lawyers here were all knowledgeable, professional and truly cares a lot about their clients. My brother got himself involved in an accident so we called to this firm. They were always on top of things and was with us every step of the way. Their passion to help their clients get what they deserve is what made me decide to give this company five stars!
Finally justified! Jacob fight for me and he really stood by me. He’s honest, smart, and approachable. We were in quite a jam for months and they got the best results possible. Without your help we would be sunk after the accident. I highly recommend Jacob without any reservation.
Jacob and his team have my back
Jacob and his team have my back. I was in an accident and the insurance company gave me the run around. So I called Jacob and he took over my case and got me the medical attention I needed. Plus my family was helped by the Doctors. Jacob and his team of lawyers took care of every detail. Got us into a new ride and helped out with the bills. It took a lot of will to fight the insurance company but the Law Office of Jacob Emrani took care of us. If you have any issues call them
Find Out How Much $$$ Your Case is Worth In Minutes!
Use Our Free Case Evaluator: