Have you or a loved one been seriously hurt due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness? If so, call The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani for professional legal representation to get the compensation you deserve!
Whether you’ve been injured in an automobile accident on the I-215 or a fall on a cracked sidewalk in the Arrowview area, you may be seeking a San Bernardino personal injury lawyer. Was someone else was at fault for your personal injury? You may be entitled to monetary compensation for lasting effects that prevent you from working, performing daily tasks, or providing for your family.
The actions of someone who caused your injuries don’t even need to be intentional. You can still be compensated for the physical, psychological, and economic impacts, especially if the event and subsequent injury resulted in:
- Hospitalization (including surgery and long-term rehab)
- Time out of work (temporarily or permanently)
- Physical and mental deficits (a lack of biological function)
- Diminished quality of life (lack of enjoyment, pain and suffering, etc.)
- Death (whether during, immediately after, or 30 or more days after the accident)
But a personal injury attorney in San Bernardino can help. At the Law Offices of Jacob Emrani, we are on your side and offer the greatest benefit because we:
- Work on a contingency fee: This means our attorneys charge no fee until your case wins; you don’t pay unless you win, and legal fees are paid out of your settlement amount.
- Are available 24/7: You can call us any time, day or night, to schedule a consultation and get your case started, even if it is immediately following your accident.
- Can connect you with medical specialists: Never delay medical treatment after an accident; our San Bernardino personal injury law firm can set you up with top physicians and surgeons, so you get the best treatment.
- Evaluate your case for free: There is no cost for a consultation, so you don’t delay seeking a lawyer and risk any delays that can jeopardize your lawsuit and settlement.
- Have over 5 decades of legal expertise: Our experience in many types of law ensures you are properly represented no matter what type of accident caused your serious injuries or the death of a loved one.
Personal Injuries in San Bernardino
San Bernardino is a growing city of over 216,000 residents, as of 2017 estimates. It is the largest city in San Bernardino County (which has about 2.1 million residents) and the 17th largest in California. When it comes to auto accidents, San Bernardino has the second highest rate of fatalities in the state, after Los Angeles. Around 200 to 300 people are killed in vehicular accidents each year, while Riverside isn’t far behind.
The most common causes of car accidents include driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, texting while driving, a lack of attentiveness, and inexperience. In San Bernardino, drunk drivers are among the leading causes of auto accidents. Speeding, making improper turns, and disregard for traffic lights and signals are common reasons for accidents as well. Improper seat belt use contributes to many car accident fatalities (97% of drivers in California wear seat belts, but a third of people killed in auto accidents fail to wear them).
Personal injury case filings in San Bernardino, not related to motor vehicle accidents, fluctuate from year-to-year. While there was a spike in 2001-2002, the number fell for several years. The number began to rise again in 2007-2008 and has been on the increase since. In 2012, there were over 46,000 non-fatal fall injuries in the county, according to the California Department of Health. That means more and more people are seeking a personal injury law firm in San Bernardino that can help them get compensated for accident-related injuries.
Personal Injury Settlement Process
At The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani, we handle your personal injury case from start to finish. Our team understands the ins and outs of every law pertaining to your type of accident, and has the negotiating power to get insurance companies to maximize your settlement amount. An insurance adjustor will do anything it takes to reduce your claim and even get it rejected. On the other hand, our personal injury attorney is on your side every step of the way.
First, we will evaluate your case for free. Our attorneys will assist in filing a lawsuit if you were seriously injured due to an accident caused by an at-fault party.
As the plaintiff, you have the legal right to prove the defendant (individual or entity that caused your injury) is indeed responsible and was careless. You must then show they:
- Owed a duty to you, such as keeping their property safe or driving in a manner that keeps other motorists and passengers out of harm’s way.
- Violated that duty, meaning the defendant did not exercise reasonable care to avoid a hazardous condition, leading to the circumstances causing your accident.
- Engaged in actions that directly caused your injury; for example, their driving habits or failure to, for example, clean a floor, led to your involvement in an accident.
- Are responsible for your damages caused by their carelessness; a perfect example would be if you broke your arm or leg after slipping on their floor, in which case you’d be entitled to monetary compensation.
A personal injury case can take anywhere from a few months to a couple of years. If it goes to trial, the time frame can be longer. However, according to Bureau of Justice Statistics, 95% of personal injury cases settle before going to trial.
Personal Injuries You Can Be Compensated For
Compensation You May Receive from a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawsuit can involve a range of damages. Depending on the extent of your injuries and circumstances of the accident and case, our San Bernardino personal injury law firm can help you seek:
- Compensatory Damages: A monetary award to compensate for injuries, property damage, or any losses incurred to due a defendant’s carelessness, negligence, or intentional actions. Compensatory damages may cover medical and hospital bills, the cost of treatment and rehabilitation, prescription drugs, nursing home care, lost wages, transportation, and funeral/burial costs.
- General Damages: Typically comprise the categories of pain and suffering, loss of companionship, impairment of physical and mental capacity, or loss of enjoyment of life. General damages are not quantified monetarily but can cover personal harm suffered due to a defendant’s negligence or carelessness.
- Punitive Damages: Intended to punish the defendant or make an example of them. Punitive damages may be pursued to punish, reform, or deter the defendant from engaging in conduct that led to your injury. The plaintiff typically receives all or a significant portion of punitive damages awarded in a case, in addition to compensatory and general damages.
Statute of Limitations in San Bernardino
A statute of limitations applies to personal injury claims in the entire state of California. This means you have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against a person or entity you claim caused your accident. The statute applies to all types of injury claims. If you fail to file the claim within the specified timeframe, you may lose the legal right to pursue compensation for injuries or other damages.
However, if the injured party is under 18, the statute of limitations won’t start until their 18th birthday.
Contact The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani
The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani is a San Bernardino personal injury law firm that is always on your side. Taking on insurance companies yourself after an accident or serious injury is risky. We negotiate and fight on your behalf until a fair settlement is reached. Highly regarded throughout Southern California, our law firm has recovered millions of dollars in damages and specializes in all types of personal injury cases. Our team can even help you find proper medical treatment and get your bills paid. Better yet, there are no fees until we win. For a free consultation, submit your information online or contact our personal injury attorney in San Bernardino at 888-952-2952 today!