Orange County is the third most populous county in California, as of the 2010 census. It is also one of the most densely populated counties in the state. In 2014, traffic accidents involving pedestrians totaled 877, and there were 8,343 incidents involving bicycles, 6,244 involving motorcycles, and 8,157 involving trucks. The highest frequency of accidents was among residents of Seal Beach, Laguna Beach, and Brea. In 2017, there were over 35,000 vehicle collisions in Orange County.
The county ranks among one of the highest in the state when it comes to accident occurrences and fatalities.
Why You Need an Orange County Car Accident Attorney
Our car accident lawyer in Orange County, CA, can quickly see if your case can be accepted, and an attorney can meet in person or handle all forms online. The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani can help by:
- Figuring Out Who Is at Fault: An accident attorney in Orange County can determine the true cause of a car accident, such as negligence. This may be the other driver, a pedestrian, a vehicle passenger, or a bicyclist or motorcyclist. However, those on a bicycle or motorcycle are at increased risk of injury, so other parties actions must be fully accounted for.
- Recovering Substantial Compensation: Injuries sustained in car accidents can be devastating physically and emotionally. Your car may be completely totaled. Compensation can cover lost wages (past and future wages), medical care, and loss of property. Our Orange County car accident attorneys can also recover non-economic damages for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and a loss of enjoyment of life.
- Holding Negligent Parties Accountable: Whether the accident was caused by defects in the roadway, the manufacturer of a blown tire or defective part, or another driver, we can establish accountability. A driver may be negligent if excessive speed, failure to signal, inattention, illegal turns, or improper turning or yielding right of way contributed to an accident.
- Helping Avoid Common Mistakes: Our Orange County injury attorney can advise and represent you to avoid serious mistakes. Admitting fault is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Siding with your insurance company and settling for too little are all too common. You might not think a claim will go to trial, but only your attorney can tell you for sure.
To improve the chances of success, document everything at the scene of an accident and contact an auto accident lawyer in Orange County as soon as possible.
Common Types of Car Accidents
There are tens of thousands of auto collisions in Orange County every year. The most common accidents include:
- Texting While Driving: Those who text behind the wheel take their eyes completely off the road. Despite rules against it, many people still text when they drive, and some experts argue it is even more dangerous than drunk driving.
- DUI: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not just illegal, but extremely dangerous. Intoxication impairs judgement and reaction time. Getting behind the wheel after drinking puts you and others at risk. Use a designated driver or avoiding a motor vehicle entirely.
- Distracted Driving: Texting gets a lot of attention, but really any type of distraction can prevent you from operating a vehicle safely. If you’re eyes and attention are off the road, collisions with other vehicles and objects can occur at any time.
- Defective Roads: Potholes, large cracks, and debris can put drivers at serious risk. If roads haven’t been properly maintained, the city, county, or state may be held liable for damages. Our Orange County injury lawyer can determine if poor road conditions such as inadequate signage, defective traffic signals, or improper placement of guardrails and dividers contributed to the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents: Among the most serious incidents, multi-vehicle crashes often happen when a motorist can’t stop in time to avoid an accident ahead. How to proceed and find fault can be complex, but an Orange County personal injury attorney can determine what compensation you may be eligible for.
- Head-On Collision: The circumstances of a head-on collision make it one of the most dangerous accidents. Drivers in the wrong lane or on the wrong side of the road may be intoxicated, asleep at the wheel, or distracted.
- Side Collisions: Side impacts can cause direct trauma to a driver or passenger as parts of the automobile are pushed in. They are often caused by vehicles running a light or stop sign at an intersection or pulling out before the path is clear.
- Rear Impact Collisions: Rear impacts are one of the most common accidents but are generally not as dangerous. Still, they can cause whiplash and other serious injuries that can affect one’s income earning ability and well-being.
- Uber/Lyft/Rideshare Accidents: Any driver can be involved in an accident. Our injury lawyers in Orange County can conduct a thorough analysis to help determine the cause of the crash. Statements from the client, witnesses, and others are useful in such incidents.
Typical Catastrophic Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Can lead to permanent impairment and paralysis of part or all of a victim’s body.
- TBI: The symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury don’t always appear right away, and include cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments.
- Internal Injuries: Damage to muscles, ligaments, lungs, and internal organs can leave lasting consequences; internal bleeding can put one at immediate risk of death.
- Loss of Limbs: Amputations of crushed limbs (hands, feet, arms, and legs) are catastrophic and have life-long consequences and expenses for survivors.
- Broken Bones: Range from minor to compound fractures that require extensive, prolonged medical care, treatment, and rehabilitation.
What to Do After a Car Crash
First, call 911 or get medical help. Your symptoms may seem minor, but the injury could be worse than it first seems. Seek immediate medical attention and contact the authorities. Detailed medical records will help with your recovery, while insurers and juries will look upon these records more favorably if they are created immediately after a crash.
Next, contact your attorney. Our Orange County car accident lawyer will tell you what to do next, and what evidence to gather. This includes names of other drivers, passengers, and witnesses as well as the other driver’s contact/insurance information and pictures of the scene. You’ll also need the names and badge numbers of police officers, names of doctors and medical facilities, and statements from any parties involved.
File an insurance claim next, but do not provide insurance adjusters with statements. Instead, file your personal injury claim with an experienced auto accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani.
Call the Orange County Personal Injury Attorneys at Law Offices of Jacob Emrani
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and feel you deserve compensation, contact our offices today. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for clients across Orange County and California. Familiar with all state laws and regulations, we are on your side. Our Orange County personal injury attorneys can fight the insurance companies as well. Never settle for less. We’ll make sure you are compensated for your injuries. Call 888-952-2952 to start your claim.