Injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault? Are you or a loved one the victim of a personal injury? Our Torrance personal injury attorneys will fight for your rights, and take on the insurance companies, to get the compensation you deserve.
The Torrance personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani are skilled at gathering evidence, negotiating settlements with insurance companies, and even taking cases to trial.
Call today for a free case evaluation, 24/7. Pursue legal action against a reckless or negligent driver, property owner, or business, with no upfront fees. We won’t charge you a dime, and are paid only if your case wins.
Why Choose Jacob Emrani?
The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani has been serving personal injury clients for over two decades. Our focus is on high-quality legal representation for clients who have suffered physical or emotional injury, or property or financial damage. With Jacob, you have a legal team on your side that understands the law and how insurance companies only care about reducing or denying claims.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, as a pedestrian, or at work, you may be entitled to compensation via a monetary settlement. As Torrance has grown, so has the number of accidents involving injuries and fatalities to motorists, pedestrians, and others.
Our law firm is the one to choose when filing your personal injury lawsuit because:
- Jacob Emrani has helped clients with head, neck, shoulder, back, and knee injuries; broken bones; and spinal and traumatic brain injuries receive fair compensation for their damages. Many clients have received multi-million-dollar awards; auto accident claims have settled for as much as $6 million.
- The Law Offices of Jacob Emrani is highly resourceful thanks to a vast network of professionals including doctors for medical treatment and medical witnesses to provide detailed and accurate accounts to strengthen your case. Our proactive approach and speedy service ensure we meet your needs and deadlines such as statutes of limitations.
- Our Torrance personal injury law firm is the authority when it comes to fighting for clients with high value cases. Jacob Emrani has received numerous awards and recognitions, including:
- Lawyers of Distinction 2018
- AVVO Client’s Choice Award 2017
- Best Attorneys of America (Rue Ratings 2015)
- 2014 Litigation Awards (Ranked top 1% of lawyers)
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
In addition, Jacob Emrani has been seen and heard on television and radio across the nation.
Common Causes of Personal Injuries in Torrance
Our law firm specializes solely on personal injury cases, meaning you can expect exceptional service in areas in which we fully understand how to navigate the legal process. If you’re dealing with devastating injuries and/or losses, and have expensive medical bills while struggling to pay the rent and for daily expenses, you don’t want an attorney with a generalized practice. Instead, you need a lawyer who has years of experience and a long list of clients who have been duly compensated for injuries and damages.
Jacob Emrani is highly experienced with following types of claims:
A car accident that wasn’t your fault can leave you severely injured. Yet insurance adjusters will try to pin liability on you to reduce payout. Our attorney fights for your rights to prove liabilities such as driver negligence, excessive speed, distracted driving, failure to signal or yield right of way, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These are common causes of accidents in Torrance. Sometimes drivers follow too closely, causing unsafe conditions, or there may be a vehicle malfunction due to a defective part.
Motorcyclists are at an especially high risk of injury because their vehicles lack protection. There is no automobile frame or airbags to buffer the impact. Often thrown from their motorcycles, riders injured in a crash often deal with road rash, broken bones, and severe internal injuries. A head injury can have lifelong consequences. Drivers often don’t notice motorcycles for many reasons, while defective parts and road defects such as potholes can trigger an accident. Still, many insurance companies try to put the blame on motorcyclists for careless lane changing or lane-splitting, but we have the resources to prove whether such actions occurred or not.
Big rigs and 18-wheelers are much larger than the average vehicle, which puts other motorists at a higher risk of injury or death. Unsafe lane changes, jackknife accidents, rollovers, and underride accidents have had catastrophic results throughout the Los Angeles area. Sudden braking and negligent driving can cause a truck cab to swerve into another lane. Oftentimes the causes include lack of maintenance, overloading, speeding, driver fatigue, and insufficient training. If the driver wasn’t properly trained, someone else loaded the cargo, or there was an equipment malfunction, multiple parties may be held liable.
Accidents at work include slip and fall, burn, and impact injuries, just to name a few. The lasting effects can leave you unable to perform your job duties, and include back pain, neck injuries, broken bones, paralysis, loss of limbs, internal bleeding, and whiplash. Spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries occur as well on jobsites. The most complex of construction accident cases require experienced Torrance personal injury attorneys to sort out what led to an injury, and whether an employer may be responsible for hazardous conditions that caused a fall or other accident.
The number of bicyclists on Torrance roads continues to increase. In many places, transportation infrastructure does not support so many bicycle riders, but motorists are often unaware bicycle riders are present. Bicycles are used for recreation and commuting. Helmet laws (for riders under 18), lights (for nighttime riding), and other legal requirements are designed to protect bicyclists, who must follow the same rules of the road as motorists. Still, there are many risks on Torrance’s busy streets, and many motorists are simply not good at sharing the road.
Pedestrians are unprotected and vulnerable. Although they can contribute to accidents by texting or not crossing at crosswalks, oftentimes a motorist is speeding or distracted. Poor visibility at night contributes to the accident risk. Driving under the influence, driver fatigue, and aggression and impatience also put pedestrians in danger. Sometimes, determining fault is challenging. Complicating matters are situations such as when a crosswalk is poorly marked or a construction zone blocks a public sidewalk, forcing a pedestrian to walk in the street.
Types of Compensation Available for Personal Injury
There are three types of damages you may be entitle to.
- Compensatory damages pay you for costs incurred as a result of the injury, including medical bills, missed pay, and lost future income. One can seek damages for specific issues such as pain or high blood pressure, which have prevented them from enjoying normal activities, while payment for repairs or destroyed property may also fall into this category.
- General damages, on the other hand, include monetary compensation for mental anguish, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium or companionship. The value of such damages are not easily quantified as a dollar amount, but estimated by your legal team or a judge.
- Punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant for their alleged involvement or contribution to the accident. They’re awarded when the defendant is found guilty of malicious acts, fraudulent behavior causing financial harm, or manufacturing a defective product.
Statute of Limitations in Torrance
In California, a statute of limitations of two years applies to most personal injury cases. That means you have 24 months from the date the injury took place to file a claim for your losses. If you weren’t aware of the injury immediately after the accident, you have one year from when you discovered the injury to file your claim. The statute of limitations may be altered if the defendant declares bankruptcy, a minor is injured (the two-year period will start when they reach 18), or the defendant is out of state, in prison, or insane.
Contact Your Torrance Personal Injury Lawyer Today
We represent clients injured in accidents caused by drunk drivers, motorists who were texting while driving, defective roads, rollovers, and head-on, side-impact, and rear-impact collisions. Feel free to call us at 888-952-2952 for legal advice or to schedule a free consultation at your home or office in Torrance, California. You can also reach us at email@example.com or submit your questions via our contact form.